Given the significant and widespread impacts of COVID-19, we understand that this is a difficult time for many Australians. We recognise that you may be experiencing financial stress and will work with you to try to find the path back to financial health as soon as possible.
For information on what we can do to support you through this period please select the most relevant option from the slider below. For information on where to get fast help and advice for managing your financial position, including the latest information on government financial assistance programs and stimulus packages please keep reading.
Managing your financial position through the challenges of COVID-19
COVID-19 Financial Survival Guide from the National Debt Helpline
NDH is a FREE financial counselling service. The guide includes advice on:
- emergency relief
- centrelink support
- seeking rent or mortgage support
- assessing payment priorities
- making repayment arrangements
- early access to your superannuation
- free access to financial counsellors if you are feeling overwhelmed
Money Smart’s COVID-19 making financial decisions
Steps to look after yourself and your money. The guide includes:
- information on protecting yourself from scammers
- dealing with cancellations and refunds
- up to date information on government provided or mandated financial support is available to help you manage the affects of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Government Updates on all aspects of COVID-19
The Australian Government has released an official app with the information you need to know about COVID-19. The app is available on apple and andriod devices and “will assist you to get accurate and timely information about what is being done by governments around the country to support you, as you and your family and your household and your community work through the difficult months ahead because of the coronavirus.”
To join, search “Coronavirus Australia” in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Then simply follow the prompts.
To activate the Whatsapp channel, users have been told to visit aus.gov.au/whatsapp to launch the new feature.